Lord Muruga @ Siruvapuri - Sri Balasubramanyar

{My appologise for this post - I had taken my canon 50mm block lens during my visit and I did not take my wide angle with me, hence most of my shorts are close up's}
Siruvapuri is located about 40 kms from Chennai on Chennai Kolkata highway. The temple is located about 3 kms off the highway. History of the temple has that Lava and Kusa, the sons of Rama lived in this place. Once when Rama was passing this place, they have fought a war with Rama himself without knowing that he was their father. As the young children waged a war here, the place was called as Siruvar-Por-Puri.[Siruvapuri]

 Lord Muruga here is believed to grant wishes for those intend to buy or construct a house. Many people who wish to buy a house visit Lord Muruga here for blessings to fulfill their wish. Also, many youngesters who plan to get married visit this place.


Arunagirinathar is seen just near the sanctum facing the Lord. Arunagirinathar has visited this temple and sung many Thiruppugazh songs here. He also has composed an Archanai Thiruppugazh on Lord Muruga