Periyapalayam Temple

{My appologise for this post - I had taken my canon 50mm block lens during my visit and I did not take my wide angle with me, hence most of my shorts are close up's}
The Bhavani amman temple is possibly the most popular one in this region and a section of the people come here every year during the Adi/Avani Tamil month. They offer prayers in different forms like head shaving, going with just neem leaves around, lifting the pot with fire, Angapradhakshana, coconut rolling etc.,.

People come in lorries, tractors, vans and carts with full equipments including gas cylinders for cooking, stay here and do their rituals. 

It will take about 2 hours for the dharshan in the 25 Rs special entrance itself (during important days) but we went in by 100 Rs ticket & the dharshan of the beautiful Bhavani amman was un forgetable.
Presently, they are building a huge mandapam around the temple and the temple authorities are spending a lot of money. The authorities could have done a lot more to make the environment better for the devotees for the huge fund they might be receiving. The place is largely un-clean, Not even a good car parking was available but the temple authorities have tendered it out and they collect money for the same (Rs 10 per car). Also, the head shaving location maintained by the temple authorities was very much in bad shape, hence I would suggest you carry your blade, if possible water to take bath (incase of small kids, we took our water for my sisters son). See that you hire the right person, they charge about 30 Rs per head shaving + govt coupon should be taken.

We do have options to do small time shopping outside the temple.

Tie this in your house to bring good luck - new thing in town
Tie this in your house to avoid bad luck - new thing in town

Perfect gift for kids